Welcome to our blog. We are two girls from holland blogging about fashion, beauty and our style. Hope you like it!

Pagina's

04 maart, 2013

DIY Starry Night on Vans

I think we all know Vincent van Gogh. For the ones who doesn´t: van Gogh is a famous Dutch painter. His paintings are easy to recognize by his way of painting (really small lines). One of his paintings is Starry Night. I personally think it's a really awesome one! So I had a pair of boring black Vans and I thought: wouldn't it be cool if I drew Starry Night on my Vans? It was for me the first time working more precisely.

 

       
       What you need:
  • Fabric paint: black, ultrablue, babyblue, turquoise, citron yellow, white and purple.
  • Paintbrushes in different sizes.
  • Vans (look a like) shoes


Before I started to paint the shoes, I made an example in photoshop, so I know how the painting fits the best on the shoes.


Then I drew the Starry Night with a white pencil on the shoes. After that I began with the fabrics. In the beginning I used the white, ultrablue and babyblue. With those colors I drew the outlines again. With the ultablue I colored the rest of the front of the shoes. Then the hills can be drawn. Use a little purple and ultrablue for this part. With the citron yellow the houses can be drawn as well. When you see the Starry Night painting, you can see the plant on the front is quite dark, the colors ulrablue and citron yellow (and maybe a little black) can be combined for a dark green color. For the stars I used citron yellow, and sometimes a little turqois and white. For the clouds I used babyblue, turqois, white and yellow. 
So then the point came I thought I finished the shoes. But I wasn't very happy with the result, because it did't look like the real Starry Night. Then I realised I didn't drew the small lines as Van Gogh did. 



I added with the brighter colors (yellow, turqois and babyblue) random lines in the sky and clouds. I lightened up the houses and on the backside of the shoes I painted a few stars. After I did those things, the result is a lot better. I'm really happy with my custom Starry Night shoes, and got a lot of good reactions on it. I hope it helped you to make your own custom Starry Night shoes. The most important thing is to take good look at the original picture and also turn it to your own style. In this way you can create your own unique Van Gogh Starry Night Vans!













Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...